Skip to content
Measuring for Curtains
- Measure the full length of your track or pole (without its finials).
- Depending on the type of curtain you are looking for, you will have to adjust your measured width as follows:
- For eyelet curtains, multiply your calculated width by 2.
- For pencil pleat curtains, multiply your calculated width by 2.
- For tab top curtains, multiply your calculated with 1.5.
- Add another 1.0″ to your total width measurement to ensure your curtains overlap in the middle when closed.
- Decide where you want your curtains to fall, measure from the top edge of your curtain track/pole to:
- Sill length, measure to 0.5″ above the windowsill;
- Below windowsill, measure to 6.0″ below the windowsill; and
- Floor length, measure to 1.0″ above the floor.
- For eyelet curtains, write down your measurement and add 1.5″. This is the distance from the inner edge of the eyelet to the top edge of the curtain.
- For pencil pleat and tab top curtains, write down your measurement.